Monday, August 04, 2008

LG KU990R (Viewty) does anyone have it?



I own a LG KU990R or better known as the Viewty.
Its an amazing phone, but quite limited in terms of customization (themes).
So i was browsing the interweb when i came upon an awesome forum
which had detailed instruction on how to install a makeshift theme manager which supports multiple themes. The number one rule when playing around and modding expensive gadgetry is backup backup backup.

This is when my story gets ugly. Living in negombo, powercuts are not unusual. It so happened that as i was backing up my phones firmware the electricity disappeared rendering my phone useless. For 5 minutes i had in my hand a very expensive paperweight. I did some more research on the forum i was telling you about and found that i could download new firmware and flash it to my phone. But life decided it wasn't going to be fair to me. My phone model is KU990R and the only firmware available was for my phones slightly older brother the KU990 (no R =D) The firmwares weren't completely compatible but it was possible to use it albeit some technical problems, which in my case was the camera and usb mass storage mode.

woe is me...... after more searching on the web i find someone who had my same phone and was willing to upload his firmware so i can download it. The fate of my phone now lies in the hands of a Sergei from somewhere in Russia. He said he was busy at the moment and he would upload it soon.

2 weeks pass and nothing. He wont return my e-mails either :(

If anyone out there has a KU 990R or knows someone who does, please get in touch with me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for what happened with you.........i just newly bought Viewty in contract from 3 and it works great but its version is older that is U990_V10b.....i am also looking forward to upgrade if possible........I hope your problem gets solved first....

Lover's paradise said...

i have ku990r and its grt i love my phone...... it also has a shutter on the cam which was not in ku990 thats y i liked it more than ku990 because it is very important to hav a lense cover in such an expensive mobile....... its realy grt i lovr this phone of mine....

thephatone said...

amman are you in sri lanka?

Anonymous said...

i got the phone and its amazing! the iPhone has so many glitches and this phones tops it.

Anonymous said...

i just would like to ask if KU990R doesnt really have its loud speaker function if you opt to hear music in its FM radio menu?

Unknown said...

i have just purchased a new ku990R it have a limited messages memory of just 300 msgs is there any way of increasing this limited msgs memory ...?????
by any way by storing msgs on memory card ????

Unknown said...

I have bought this model realy it is very lovable and greatful for me. It's very interesting to use net.,...,and it's camara lens is very perfect,nice and powerful.and what i praise it?.,.it's each parts of function is very well.

Romano said...

Hey man Sorry for your loss, even though this was over two years ago i feel your pain. Im in the US and my friend had an LG Camera phone and i was really impressed with the video camera, most US fones have CRAPPY cameras...or at least at the time did. And a guy who sells bootleg used phones sold me a this Viewty (I heard BEAUTY and agreed YES Yes it IS a BEAUTY lol)
Camera was pretty amazing! I eventually started getting bored with it because of how it is so limited and like you founf out about the iPhone Style on Viewty and went ahead and did it. I actually managed to fix it up and played my iPhone apps and customization on my Viewty so much fun lol..unfortunatly I deleted an important app and while trying to back up I got a black out....so pissed...even worse my fone wasnt a KU990 or KU990i at least...it was a KU990GO..until now I have an sexy looking paperweight. This was in August of 2010

Well Deuce =)
Roman

Anonymous said...

does someone knows how to get a viewty ku990r themes, ?? Please help us.. :D , even one can satisfy me alot. Tnx.